So we all know that the Federal Government has released it’s latest economic stimulus package for the tourism sector. The focus is on the following destinations and will be offering $1.2b in half price airfares:
- Gold Coast
- Alice Springs
- Launceston, Davenport and Burnie
- Kangaroo Island
- Whitsundays/ Mackay Region
- Sunshine Coast
For small to medium accommodation operators in these areas it is important to be ready to capture bookings, this can be difficult when you’re running a property day to day, overseeing skeleton staff and trying to ensure everyone is happy including owners and investors. So here’s some of our top tips to help you decide what’s important in being ready for the new wave of holiday makers coming your way:
- Ensure your content and images are up to date on all online channels (as well as your own website)
- Offer some great promotions – encourage longer stays with deals for guests who stay 5 nights or more
- Post on social media – consider using targeted marketing and allocating a budget to place your posts in front of guests most likely to book your product
- Create a story – show your intended guests what they can see and do by visiting your region and staying at your property – create FOMO (fear of missing out)
- Offer personalised service – this is what small to medium properties do best, your guest will never be just a number as they might be at a large-branded hotel. Be friendly on the phone, ask for their business, return phone calls in a timely manner, respond to emails and requests, treat people the way you would like to be treated.
And last but not least if you haven’t got time, don’t know how or just don’t want to – call us! We can help, whether it be ongoing support or some advice to get going, our friendly team is available.
Kim – +61 (0)429 969 581 Naomi – +61 (0)429 968 278
email [email protected]